trackpad right click not responding!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ljw1976, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Ljw1976 macrumors member

as it states..its not working..why??

ive set it in system profile..and the i can hear the click..but doesnt seem to be working..but when i use the two finger tap it seems to work..but sometimes i need this function ..

any reason why./..

and will a fresh install help at all....?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

So you have checked System Preferences > Trackpad?
    [​IMG]

I assume you have one of the newer MacBooks, where the trackpad is also the button, because as you haven't stated your specific machine and even the OS you're running, you could also talk about the G3 iBook.

3. Ljw1976 thread starter macrumors member

sory about that.
    its a aluminum macbook2ghz

and is the multi touch trackpad..

so has anyone got any suggestions..??on a self repair...or is it back to apple store..!! which is my last place i want to go..cos i bought it second hand...and dont have the receipt

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You could try if repairing permissions via Disk Utility could help.

So in order to be clear and to understand you correctly:

You have a Unibody MacBook, the trackpad responses to one-finger taps and one-finger clicks as a primary (left) click,
    the two-finger taps as a secondary (right) click,
    but a two-finger click and one-finger click at the bottom right of the trackpad (as show in the image in my earlier post) is not registered as a secondary click?

5. Ljw1976 thread starter macrumors member

the 2 finger is ok..just the bottom right click is failing...any suggestions..?

it also recognises the secondary click if assigned to the bottom left corner..just the right bottom is not working..dagnnamit : (

anyone..!!as this is starting to annoy me now..not knowing what it could be thats wrong..and i just woke up this morning not even used it over night..and then this just happened..!!?

6. chipandtoast macrumors member

is the bottom right part of the trackpad have dust,dirt etc. in it?
    If there's nothing stuck maybe you spilled water on the trackpad.
    That's all I can think of

7. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Did you even repair the permissions as mentioned in an earlier post? You seem to be ignoring information provided to help answer the question.

8. Ljw1976 thread starter macrumors member

sorry ..but to reply is i havent spilt any fluid..nor can i see any dust and if there is how do i clean..?

and to answer the last post.. i have done what you all have suggested..so i hope in faith that it maybe just dust .if so i need to know how to clean..but if not then what next??

as i hope tommorow i will get snow lepoard and re install will this help..?

9. Ljw1976 thread starter macrumors member

dammit its cured itself....how strange and frustrating it has been..but thanks for the guidance....love you folks

xx