Trackpad shortcuts ...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by eroxx, May 5, 2011.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to

a) switch between tabs
    b) close tabs
    ??

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

I have no experience with it, but you could try BetterTouchTools.

3. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

I just tried BTT and it's pretty neat. I have 3 finger tap to do a keyboard input of command + W (close tab) and 4 finger tap to do a keyboard input of command + T (new tab). you could set a custom tap (or whatever) to input a CTRL + TAB to switch tabs

I don't use 4 fingers left/right for anything, so I set 4 left to go back tabs, 4 right to go forward tabs. just make sure to turn that feature off in the trackpad system preferences

4. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Yup I love BTT.

I use 4 finger physical click to close out a window. This works within expose too. This is my FAVORITE thing. So I can four finger down to expose, and just fast close out open windows by four finger clicking the window with the mouse cursor over it. I can't stand going into expose, clicking the window, then going to the x to close and repeat when I can close out 3-4 windows all at once within expose. Amazing feature.

Also I do four finger swipe left/right for spaces switching. 3 finger up/down for home/end.

5. dustinsc macrumors regular

BTT is great, even if you just use it for little things. You have all kinds of options for a bunch of complicated gestures if you want, but I mostly just like it for the ability to change the function of existing gestures. For example, I took out the app switching from 4-finger left-right, right-left and made it call up in-app expose (which is especially useful for going between your main Mail window and a message you're composing). I also use a 4-finger click to call up the Dashboard. I just wish I had something useful to do with the three-finger click.