Trackpad surface not parallel to body of macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brianfast, Jun 21, 2010.

1. brianfast macrumors regular

Hi- my Macbook pro's trackpad isn't parallel to the body of the laptop...

that is, one end of the trackpad (left) is higher than the other (right)....

This creates the interesting effect of being able to slide ones finger off of the left side of the trackpad and onto the area below the keyboard with almost no resistence... while on the right side you feel a ledge if you try the same motion....

does anyone else have this?

2. sadcamper macrumors regular

Are you near an Apple store? I would bring it in and see what they say...sounds like maybe a spring issue(?) That's just a wild guess though.

3. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I dunno that it's a big deal or anything. My macbook has the same type of issue. The left side of my trackpad is sunken into the body a little more than the right side. I've owned my Macbook for 7 months now, and haven't had an issue with it yet. If you really are worried about it, you could always take it in :)

4. ramzhh macrumors regular

It's normal. There have been several threads about it...

5. brianfast thread starter macrumors regular

I should have been clearer. The left end of my trackpad is barely recessed at all. Maybe .1 milimeter

I found this thread where people said that it is normal for variations in height to occur, but no one mentioned the left being higher than the right or it not being recessed at all. So if anyone has this problem, or thinks this is really abnormal, please let me know.

I seem to have terrible luck with these laptops.

6. r3dhawk macrumors member