Trackpad too sensitive under Windows 7 Boot Camp 3.0

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Since installing Windows 7, I have noticed that the trackpad on my laptop has been extremly sensitive. DOes anyone have any fixes/ideas? Thanks.

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
I turned off "Tap-to-click" and also brought down the pointer speed. I guess it will do until Apple releases an update to fix the issue. Thanks for the help though.

cathyy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2008
Since installing Windows 7, I have noticed that the trackpad on my laptop has been extremly sensitive. DOes anyone have any fixes/ideas? Thanks.
I installed the Boot Camp 3.0 drivers, felt that the mouse driver was complete crap. I turned off 'tap to click' and it was a lot more usable, however it was still too sensitive for me so I reverted back to the 2.1 drivers.

Here's what I did if you're interested:

- Open the Control Panel
- Delete the following: Windows Driver Package - Apple Trackpad, Apple Trackpad Enabler, Apple Multitouch, Apple Multitouch Mouse
- Restart
- Insert your Leopard Boot Camp DVD (or find the BC 2.0 drivers somewhere)
- Look through the CD for the drivers you just deleted
- Install them
- Disable 'Tap to Click' if you're using a Unibody MB.

No tap to click, but it's not like it was usable anyway. On the bright side, at least the touchpad works like a dream.

PS: Works on both XP 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit, so I figure it should work on everything else.

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Just to post a little update...

I have been using the 2.1 Boot Camp drivers for the Trackpad on my Unibody MB and it has been perfect. It was easy to install and I can acutally use the trackpad now. I also have Tap to Click turned on and it works nicley. Thanks a lot for the help!

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
I can imagine the Apple guys doing the Windows drivers:

'Ok, so which drivers can we make totally suck this time for our faithful customers?'

'Checking TrackPad drivers again. Hmm... behaves like crap. Good. Approved.'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.