Trackpad too sensitive under Windows 7 Boot Camp 3.0

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by celticpride678, Dec 5, 2009.

1. celticpride678

Since installing Windows 7, I have noticed that the trackpad on my laptop has been extremly sensitive. DOes anyone have any fixes/ideas? Thanks.

2. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

I turned off "Tap-to-click" and also brought down the pointer speed. I guess it will do until Apple releases an update to fix the issue. Thanks for the help though.

3. j.barbo macrumors newbie

j.barbo

4. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

5. valvehead macrumors regular

6. cathyy macrumors 6502a

I installed the Boot Camp 3.0 drivers, felt that the mouse driver was complete crap. I turned off 'tap to click' and it was a lot more usable, however it was still too sensitive for me so I reverted back to the 2.1 drivers.

Here's what I did if you're interested:

- Open the Control Panel
    - Delete the following: Windows Driver Package - Apple Trackpad, Apple Trackpad Enabler, Apple Multitouch, Apple Multitouch Mouse
    - Restart
    - Insert your Leopard Boot Camp DVD (or find the BC 2.0 drivers somewhere)
    - Look through the CD for the drivers you just deleted
    - Install them
    - Disable 'Tap to Click' if you're using a Unibody MB.

No tap to click, but it's not like it was usable anyway. On the bright side, at least the touchpad works like a dream.

PS: Works on both XP 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit, so I figure it should work on everything else.

7. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Just to post a little update...

I have been using the 2.1 Boot Camp drivers for the Trackpad on my Unibody MB and it has been perfect. It was easy to install and I can acutally use the trackpad now. I also have Tap to Click turned on and it works nicley. Thanks a lot for the help!

8. Mackan macrumors 65816

I can imagine the Apple guys doing the Windows drivers:

'Ok, so which drivers can we make totally suck this time for our faithful customers?'

'Checking TrackPad drivers again. Hmm... behaves like crap. Good. Approved.'