Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

georgiapeach

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
When I open up the trackpad settings my macbook starts searching for a bluetooth trackpad (which I don't have). I recently had to reinstall the OS, haven't been able to find the trackpad since. clicker works fine

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
When I open up the trackpad settings my macbook starts searching for a bluetooth trackpad (which I don't have). I recently had to reinstall the OS, haven't been able to find the trackpad since. clicker works fine

turn off bluetooth and see if it defaults to the MacBooks trackpad

georgiapeach

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
tried that

it's still looking for a "bluetooth trackpad"

----------

i can still control the cursor

deadwulfe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
Is a bluetooth trackpad listed in the Bluetooth settings? (System Preferences -> Bluetooth) If one is, you can try deleting it from the settings menu.

fullojellybeans

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2010
Wrong build of the OS was installed. Probably used one for a desktop machine and since you have a portable it doesn't have the proper drivers for the trackpad.

georgiapeach

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
darn

I think that must be it...still, i ordered the software specific to the serial number and it says it's for a 2011 macbook pro. is there anything else i should try before i accuse someone somewhere of screwing up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.