Trackpad two finger scrolling is UBER sensitive in both Vista and Win7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Kev1000000, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Kev1000000 macrumors member

So I had Vista installed on my Penryn MBP for awhile and I always had uber-sensitive two finger scrolling with it. I rarely used Vista on it so it didnt bother me that much. However, I just installed Windows 7, and I plan to do a lot of development on the Win7 side, but I still have the uber-sensitive scrolling.

Is there a fix for this?

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I think this is just the way the laptop handles the two-finger scrolling in Windows. It does the same thing in XP. I'm assuming it's something about the driver Apple uses to allow two-finger scrolling to be used in Windows.

3. buddhaface macrumors member

Yeah it has something to do with Apple's drivers. It's the same on my 2006 MBP.

I don't think there's much you can do about it but to just use the scroll bar, or a mouse.

4. Kev1000000 thread starter macrumors member

5. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Apple couldn't make a driver to save it's life. Don't worry, the trackpad thing pisses everyone off, as we're all dealing with the same thing.

6. kevin j macrumors member

7. tdevers macrumors regular

In the mouse preferences under Control Panel. Click the wheel tab and take the lines scrolled down to 1. I find this smoothes it out a little but it's still not perfect.

8. coolquasar macrumors member

++1;

My unibody macbook had the same issue in XP, n i fixed by tryin the above method...Now the scrollin is damn good :cool:...

9. Turmoil macrumors regular

yeah, run a real OS. Disinfect your computer of all Microsoft crap and your MBP will work well again.

HTH

10. Turmoil macrumors regular

Or use OSX. drivers work fine on a good OS.

11. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Good drivers work good when they're made properly, regardless of the OS. They also can work like crap on a good OS because they were made like crap.