Trackpad uneven

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phooi, Sep 8, 2007.

1. phooi macrumors regular

I haven't seen this brought up but I received my SR MBP 2.4 back in August and the trackpad is uneven.

When you run your finger left to right across the trackpad, you can feel a drop from the left with the trackpad reaching almost flush with the casing on the right. Obviously this is not normal. What is the proper way it should be set? Also, is it worth my time to have repair it?

Thanks!

2. other macrumors 6502

The trackpad on my MBP is the exact same way. If that's your only problem, you should just be happy with your computer. Honestly, as long as the trackpad works, why bother? I would be really careful about taking a computer in for repair, you never know in what state you'll get it back. I had a MacBook come back with two screws missing (on the outside, I have no idea if anything was missing on the inside).

3. cobravap macrumors regular

I had the same problem and i got a replacement for it. It was annoying as hell because sometimes when i tapped stuff to select it would remain stuck. I suggest getting it repaired.

4. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

Mine was like that. I pushed down (took a bit of force) the part that was up and now it is flush.

5. phooi thread starter macrumors regular

Did you push on the trackpad or the case? My trackpad is flush on the right side of the case but slightly dipped in on the left.

BTW, what should it be? Flush or should there be a slight dip?

6. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

The mouse button looked like it was properly aligned... at least it was level. I'm guessing, but I'd say it sticks up 1/32" from the palm plate.

The track pad was flush (sorta kinda... maybe just a teeny weenie bit below the palm plate) on the left side and up something like 1/64" on the right side.

I simply pressed down the right side and now it is flush and level!

7. phooi thread starter macrumors regular

Ahhh Major Dude... I have the reverse problem. The left side is a lower below the palm plate (maybe 1/32") and the right side is almost flush. So what I'm not sure about is whether I should push down on the right side or try to move it up on the left side... :confused:

8. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I opened up my MBP a few weeks ago to change the HD. The track pad is very thin. I suspect you can open up your computer and push it up from the underside if you feel bold enough to open it!

9. phooi thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately, I'm not brave enough to do that. I guess I can live with the small defect since it doesn't affect performance...

10. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

Cluck, cluck, cluck...

CHICKEN!

:D

11. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

mine is high on the left and lower on the right

12. AirborneAngel macrumors 6502

I believe if you were so inclined you could visit an apple store and have them check it out, if they think it is big enough of a problem, they might just replace it.