Trackpad unresponsive with some clicks since multi-touch update

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by celticpride678, Jul 28, 2010.

1. celticpride678

I downloaded and installed the multi-touch update that was released yesterday and since then, I have noticed that some of my clicks with my trackpad are not recognized.

When I use my Apple Mighty Mouse, it works fine. I have tried resetting the SMC and PRAM, as well as repairing disk permissions.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. closet geek macrumors member

I'm having real problems too. It doesn't recognise my attempts to move the cursor if I rest my thumb on the bottom of the trackpad (the way I've been happily using Apple trackpads since they removed the buttons). This doesn't happen 100% of the time but often enough to be very frustrating.

How can I remove this update?

3. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

As far as I know, the only way you can remove updates is by Archiving and Installing, and then don't install the multitouch update.

4. closet geek macrumors member

Thanks. I'm having other problems with it the trackpad too, it just doesn't respond to me moving the cursor about sometimes at all. I can literally sit here performing the scroll gesture to my hearts content with nothing happening :-/

Was the trackpad update purely a software one or was there a firmware part? If yes, can an archive and install restore that too? I guess not.

5. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

It's software.

6. closet geek macrumors member

Ok, thanks. I think a erase of the HD followed by a restore from TM of my latest pre-update backup should do the trick. I'm surprised no one else is really having any problems with this!

7. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

8. Cpup macrumors member

My best advice to you is to go to system preferences and click 'trackpad' and enable the functions you want there. It may solve your problem.:rolleyes:

9. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

You clearly didn't read the thread. :rolleyes:

10. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Hmmm mine too unfortunately. Like I try to move it, but it doesn't move even though I'm wiggling the cursor on screen. Only my finger tip is touching the keyboard :confused:

11. closet geek macrumors member

I rolled back the Trackpad 1.0 update by restoring from Time Machine and now everything is back to normal. Super smooth trackpad that never misses any input just like always.

Apple has dropped the ball as far I'm concerned with the latest trackpad update.