Trackpad vs Mouse on a new MBP I have

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by erasr, Mar 11, 2009.

1. erasr macrumors 6502

Hi,

Well I got my 15" MBP today!! Was very pleased, it's unbelievably sexy!

Loving the keypad, screen. One thing, with the trackpad, while it's brilliant for scrolling etc I am really hating the clicky sound it makes when I click it!

Is this normal? - Does anyone use a mouse for the MBP, because I have actually gone an got a mighty mouse wired, but the wire is way too short to stretch round the right hand side of the book. Crazy! What has everyone else done? Got a wireless mouse?

2. bossxii macrumors 68000

I don't even use the "click" part... I set the trackpad for one finger "tap to click" in the system pref's I use 2 finger tap to right click, 1 tap to left click. Works perfect and I love the new trackpad. I even have it set for the dragging, although not sure how I like it just yet, a few miss clicks and your dragging off a window or something you didn't mean to.

When I do find the need for a mouse, I have a bluetooth mouse, works perfect, no cords.

3. RKpro macrumors 6502

The loud clanking noise is normal. Just set it "tap to click" and it works very well. This is the first notebook where I actually prefer to use the trackpad vs mouse.