trackpad won't respond to clicks?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by lc9496, Mar 14, 2011.

1. lc9496 macrumors newbie

hello all,
    new here :)
    so i spilt a small amount of milk on the bottom edge of my late 2009 model MacBook and at first nothing was up with it, then it became really quiet when clicked and required a lot of pressure to click, i thought it might fix itself but after googling all night i see this was a bad idea, after i came home today, the trackpad didn't respond to clicks at all, until it started again like an hour and a half later when quite a considerable amount of pressure was applied, now it's not responding at all anymore. i'm having to use my magic mouse with it :(, what can i do ?!
    thanks in advance !

2. movieboy23 macrumors regular

Unfortunately a problem stemming from a spilled liquid aside from water won't get better over time.

In your situation, since you have the unibody MacBook, you'll have to replace the entire upper case to remedy the issue. Where exactly on the MacBook did you spill the milk? And how much liquid was spilled?

My advice would be to continue using an external mouse and just live with it as the cost for parts and labor to replace an entire upper case will likely be just shy of the purchase of a new machine.