Trackpad

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by albinbuchner, Apr 13, 2011.

1. albinbuchner macrumors newbie

Hi, need some help,

Bought a new 27" i5, i am trying to get my trackpad working, seems that nothing will work, I installed the newest updates and still no go.

However, the trackpad works fine on my 24"

Called apple care, still no go,

Any suggestions?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

First, Bluetooth is on on the 27", right? Have your tried manually finding the trackpad with the Bluetooth Setup Assistant? What happens? Also, is your 24" iMac that the Magic Trackpad is paired with powered on or booted up when you try pairing the Magic Trackpad to the 27"? You cannot pair it to two computers simultaneously. Shut down the 24" or turn off Bluetooth on it while trying to pair. If you have done this already, consider the following trick: pull the AA batteries, and then press and hold the trackpad's power button for a few seconds then reinstall the batteries and turn the trackpad back on. This can sometimes reset something in the trackpad that may be preventing it from pairing with the 27".

3. albinbuchner thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Mate, I have taken the batteries out and pressed the on button for ten seconds, after that I tried to pair it again and it the system found it straight away.
    I spent hours at the apple shop and on the phone and no one suggested that at all.
    All working now, Thank you
    :)