trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by greenmeanie, Mar 25, 2010.

1. greenmeanie macrumors 65816

greenmeanie

I have to admit I thought the new trackpads would be a joke.
    But after using them for awhile now I catch myself trying to do finger swipes on some of the older laptops LOL.
    Hope they never lose this option on the newer laptops.

2. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I totally agree. I thought I would be totally confused about the trackpad finger swipes, but after a day or two they became natural. I have to use an HP school laptop with a trackpad less than half the size of my MacBook Pro's and I can barely use it because it is so small. And like you, I sometimes do a finger swipe without thinking about it. :p

3. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

+2

After I bought my MBP, I had to install a hack on my Dell netbook that allows multitouch. Although, I rarely use it anymore.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

This is kind of off-topic (on-topic, I agree, when I tried the glass trackpads at the Apple store, I thought they were pretty nice), but with Windows notebooks that have multi-touch capabilities (Asus in my case), the Synaptics drivers are great for configuring two finger scrolling, pinch and twist motions, as well as classic corner taps and edge swipe scrolling...

But is there a good way to get two-finger and/or three finger taps in Windows 7 on these notebooks? I have tried some Google searches and don't come up with much.

5. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

I've got Windows 7 Starter on my Mini 10 and, it's "Hackintoshed". I got the drivers off of the MyDellMini website. Sorry OP, didn't mean to hijack the thread. :eek:

6. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

I barely use the trackpad, but when I do I am glad that so much thought went into the design.