Trade 1.8 SSD MBA for Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mikebuzzsaw, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

Since new Macbook came out, who's trading in their MBA for the new Macbook? I'm tempted to swap, but portability is my number one need.

I will mainly use this computer for school and I lug it around everywhere. Mostly word, photoshop, music, games, etc. I have an imac at home to do the heavy work. Power in the MBA has been a bit lacking and it does heat up fast. I wonder if I should just jump to Macbook since its only 2lbs difference.

2. aaandrewww macrumors member

2 pounds is quite a bit when you are carrying it around everywhere. I have a powerbook and a 17 inch macbook and they are about 2 pounds different in weight and my back certainly notices.

I wouldn't trade for that reason.

3. Mikebuzzsaw thread starter macrumors 6502

4. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Well if you went for the SSD option you clearly have plenty of money to waste on things. I got the new MacBook today and it is a great machine and it is highly recommended. I don't really see the point of the Air.

5. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

traded my air for the macbook due to my air's heating and core shut down problems. It was my only computer so it was more of a problem.

For lugging it around, you will clearly notice the weight difference. if you dont have core shut down problems, i would stick with the air