This is more of "trading advice" but this subforum seemed most appropriate. I have 2 15" rMBPs (the second one purchased before I got a chance to sell my first). The specs of the one I am selling is 2.6GHz, 512GB SSD, 8GB RAM. Its a 2012 with a samsung screen with warranty until nov 30 of this year. I was looking to get 1700 out of it (but locally - I dont want to deal with paypal, fees, or shipping). I've already gotten an offer of $1650, but Im not too content with that (yet). Another person offered me a trade, a 2011 27" iMac, 3.4GHz, 1TB HDD, 16GB RAM, +keyboard and mouse of course. Applecare Warranty for 3 more weeks. This I am kind of considering, as I partly wanted an iMac, though I wanted the new sleek 2012 models. I could probably take the cash and get a refurb 2012 base model (1635 after tax and shipping). I was just wondering what your opinions are. I am partly looking for something that I could resell easily later but still retain its resale value best (which I know would be the rMBP since its a newer model year). But also if Im not even going to use my second rMBP, I might as well try an iMac that Ive been wanting that I may play with every now and then. I know its my decision, and to some of you the choice may be obvious and to some not. I just want to ask this: Say you are in my position (have a main rMBP, and a second rMBP you are looking to sell; You dont necessarily need the money, nor do you need the iMac, but its something youve kind of wanted to try out). What would you personally do?