Trade 2008 MBP for an Air?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rocanlover163, Aug 7, 2012.

1. rocanlover163 macrumors member

So I kept my early 2008 MPB after purchasing rMPB, but I was thinking maybe I can trade it for an air? That way I could have something more portable as well?

Do you guys think it would be hard finding someone who is willing to trade? Here are the specs:

-Early 2008 Macbook Pro
    -2.6 Intel Core 2 Duo
    -4GB Ram
    -200 GB Hard Drive

I've never traded computers before, any ideas where a good place to start would be? Or is it too much of a hassle?

2. RedCroissant Suspended

I don't think it's too much of a hassle and once you have some more posts on here, you can access the Marketplace forum and use that to conduct your trade. Otherwise, I would suggest CraigsList.

It might be difficult to find someone willing to give up a newer computer(especially since so many people love their MBA) but there is a good chance that someone wants a more powerful machine again.

3. beauregard macrumors newbie

Of course, one option is to sell your MacBook Pro and buy a new Air.

4. rocanlover163 thread starter macrumors member

I had no idea there was a market place, or maybe I just never noticed it. How many posts do you need to have access to it?

Yes that is another option as well. I guess I'm just being lazy and don't want to deal with selling my computer and then finding one to purchase. I'll check out craigslist first and maybe post it up and see if anyone is interested.

5. RedCroissant Suspended

I think it's 250.

6. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

250 posts - member for 6 months