Carrier Trade between carriers at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waltonjd, Sep 22, 2016.

1. waltonjd, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016

waltonjd macrumors newbie

Ok...so I purchased a MB 7+ 256 on launch day, which is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. The issue is that my family has AT&T, but we have been contemplating switching over to Verizon. The last couple iterations of iPhones have been unlocked so you can use on any carrier. Because of this, I went ahead and ordered an AT&T phone through Apple and figured I could switch over to Verizon when ready. Now I'm reading that the AT&T phones do not have a compatible chip with Verizon's CDMA network.

Once I receive my phone, do you think an Apple Store would swap me for a Verizon phone if I left the package unopened?

I realize they have no stock to sell right now, but I had heard that they have some stock to replace broken, malfunctioning, etc. I'm already assuming the answer to my question is "not a chance" as I realize demand is high. Just sucks that's I'm phone less (sold my previous 6+ already and having to use my old work 5s), about to get my new phone, and I'm going to have to go return it and wait until November for a replacement.

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

At the store I worked at for a few years, the replacement stock was only for replacements. The replacement come in skinny white boxes without any accessories.

3. waltonjd thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I figured.

4. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

I can't see that happening. However, leave it packaged, take it in and arrange a refund, then buy the Verizon version.
    Of course, I'd suggest booking an iPhone for pickup, and thus do the whole process in one swoop...