Trade Brand New AW Series 3?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mbhforum, May 18, 2018.

1. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I received a brand new, unopened Silver Aluminum with Fog band GPS Apple Watch Series 3 38" as a gift for a training class I took, and I'd like to exchange it for the Pink sand/Gold Aluminum model to give to my mom as a retirement gift. Unfortunately, I called my local Apple Store and they said as long as it was purchased at their store, I could, but unfortunately it was purchased via a reseller. (I have the receipt from the reseller, but it would probably be risky and complicated to exchange with them considering I wasn't the one who purchased it).

I assume that I will be out of luck (or shall I say my mother is). Anyone have any other suggestions? Not sure if anyone has done this before at an Apple store. I figured I would call before wasting a 20 minute drive over there.

2. bbednarz macrumors 6502a

bbednarz

As long as you have the receipt for the other store I dont see why it would be an issue if you are just doing a straight swap assuming the watch is unopened and within the return window.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Aside from that other posters advice, your worst-case option, is that you could sell it on a third-party site like Swappa in new condition. It Would likely sell very quickly being it’s the newest Apple Watch.