Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
I love my Lumia 920, but the app selection is terrible. Plus, I really miss the Gmail app. I know the app selection will probably get better on Windows Phone, and I've only had the Lumia for under a month. I just want to be sure I'm making the right decision.

Also, I was wondering if it would be a fair trade to go to a GS3? I know the GS3 is older, but value-wise, they are about the same on eBay. Any thoughts?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I love my Lumia 920, but the app selection is terrible. Plus, I really miss the Gmail app. I know the app selection will probably get better on Windows Phone, and I've only had the Lumia for under a month. I just want to be sure I'm making the right decision.

Also, I was wondering if it would be a fair trade to go to a GS3? I know the GS3 is older, but value-wise, they are about the same on eBay. Any thoughts?

The GS3 is one of the best phones I've ever owned. I actually sold mine a couple days ago to get the HTC 8X but not due to any flaw in the GS3. I just had a Nexus 4 and GS3 and felt like 2 Android phones was pointless and the Nexus 4 is newer and will stay newer longer.

Is it a fair trade? I would say yes in terms of how awesome the phone is but I don't really know how much either phone sells for online.

I should add that my GS3 was rooted and running a custom ROM which I think had an effect on how well it performed. In my experience most of the custom ROMs I used ran a lot smoother that stock (they definitely had flaws though). This is based on international GS3's I've used

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
OP,
What color is your 920? Depending if its one of the harder to get color, I would suggest selling the Lumia and buying an SGS3. If this question is not monetarily motivated, then I would say it is completely a personal preference thing. I would personally go for a Nexus 4, but that is just my opinion.

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
OP,
What color is your 920? Depending if its one of the harder to get color, I would suggest selling the Lumia and buying an SGS3. If this question is not monetarily motivated, then I would say it is completely a personal preference thing. I would personally go for a Nexus 4, but that is just my opinion.

I have a Cyan Lumia. Will I get a bit more for it?

I don't want a Nexus 4 because of the lack of LTE. It really is a deal-breaker for me.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I have a Cyan Lumia. Will I get a bit more for it?

I don't want a Nexus 4 because of the lack of LTE. It really is a deal-breaker for me.

Going from my Nexus 4 to the GS3 I feel it's a lot thinner and more comfortable to hold. You're gonna notice it even more since the 920 is a lot heavier and thicker than both. I don't know if you like that or if you're someone who likes a bit of "heft" in their phones.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
That's a little bit of a downgrade so be sure you'll be gaining something valuable. Going from a 920 screen to a GS3 will not be pleasant.

Akash.B

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
I went from a GS3 to the Lumia and love it that way. No other phone compares in the texting or camera department. And the screen is oh so lovely!

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
The cyan will go for a bit more. I just sold mine for $520 locally.

With that I could even pick up an iPhone 5. Hmmm....I'll go ahead and post it for $500 and see what offers I get.

----------

Going from my Nexus 4 to the GS3 I feel it's a lot thinner and more comfortable to hold. You're gonna notice it even more since the 920 is a lot heavier and thicker than both. I don't know if you like that or if you're someone who likes a bit of "heft" in their phones.

I don't mind it either way, but the heft of the Lumia 920 is a bit too much.

----------

That's a little bit of a downgrade so be sure you'll be gaining something valuable. Going from a 920 screen to a GS3 will not be pleasant.

I don't mind the GS3's screen. My dad has one, and I personally love the larger size. But the Lumia is definitely superior in that department.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
With that I could even pick up an iPhone 5. Hmmm....I'll go ahead and post it for $500 and see what offers I get.

Shoot, if you are seeing iPhone 5's locally for $520, then the Lumia is probably going for less too. I sold mine in the Boston Metro area, but iPhone 5 is also going for $600-625 (16GB) right now. Big city with a three story Apple store. Go figure. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.