Trade in AND Upgrade program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spoa94, Aug 29, 2016.

1. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

Is it possible to trade in an old iPhone 6 to get the store credit and apply it to the Upgrade program? Anyone who has tried this? I probably am going to want to start the upgrade program and get the iPhone 7 but I need to decide how I will get rid of my current 6. Either trade in to apple or sell on eBay.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Why would you want to apply it towards the upgrade program? Say you get $240 for your iPhone 6 and it reduces your monthly payments by 10 dollars a month. Then after 12 months you decide to upgrade to the next phone. That means you would have lost $120 of your original trade in because you didn't get the $10 a month for the full 24 months.

Last time I checked, when trading in you can get an Apple giftcard. If you are trading in and starting the iPhone upgrade program, they give you a credit to your credit card of the value of trade in. Kind of like a return.

http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

"Can I trade in my current device?
    Yes. If you sign up for the iPhone Upgrade Program in an Apple Store, the trade-in credit will be applied to your credit card. If you sign up online, you will receive a gift card after a short time."

3. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22