Trade in Deal Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benjeee, Feb 2, 2011.

1. benjeee macrumors newbie

:confused: So I have a Blackberry with Verizon now and I think I am eligible for an upgrade. I ALSO have an iPhone 3GS with AT&T at the moment which I can do that trade in deal that Verizon is offering. What do you guys think they will offer me if I give them both those phones and say I want the Verizon iPhone 4 with just my 2 year upgrade on my existing Verizon plan?

1) Will they still give me the credit for the AT&T iPhone 3GS?

2) Will they give me my upgrade for the existing Blackberry I have?

I feel like all together I should be walking out of there will little or no cost for everything I am turning in and my upgrade right? :)

2. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

You should get a good deal on both phones if they are in good working order. However, it seems like you plan on taking these devices to a store with you. The trade-in program is only online, so you would need to go to the Verizon trade-in website and send them the devices. After they receive them they will send you a Visa gift card to use in any way you please.

3. benjeee thread starter macrumors newbie

OH! I had no idea that the Trade in offer was only a send in offer. That kind of sucks. I wouldn't want to send it in then have Verizon tell me later that I can't have both deals in one transaction and upgrade. I guess I can attempt to contact them and ask them if they would do that and hope that they would. Thank for letting me know! :)

4. Chimera-se macrumors member

@benjeee, if they only will take one, give them the bb and sell the iPhone to a reputable site which buys back electronics...you will get something for it at least...

5. bwrairen macrumors 6502

The trade in deal is a rip off anyway. Sell your phone on ebay or craigslist and you will make almost twice what they are offering in trade in value.

6. benjeee thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya, that makes more sense. It is in good condition so I might as well sell it for more than what Verizon is offering for it. Thank for all your input!