Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bige12

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
I was just wondering if there is any trade-in discount that I could use towards a new Apple Laptop, if I trade in my old white 13 inch macbook intel core duo.

I was just wondering since I really want to use Lion, but the only way I can is if I get a new laptop, but I do not have the money for one right now.

I really disspointed that my macbook can not run Lion:(

Damers

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2010
I was just wondering if there is any trade-in discount that I could use towards a new Apple Laptop, if I trade in my old white 13 inch macbook intel core duo.

I was just wondering since I really want to use Lion, but the only way I can is if I get a new laptop, but I do not have the money for one right now.

I really disspointed that my macbook can not run Lion:(

I don't know of any trade in discounts through apple. I thought I remember best buy having one. You could check out this thread where someone got lion to run on a core duo/solo

<rant>
Apple's not the greatest at supporting older hardware, they seem to practice planned obsolescence. A 4 or 5 year old laptop that doesn't run Lion is completely unacceptable. My two cents.
</rant>

Robosagogo

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2011
There's a recycling program, but you won't get fair market value for your computer. I just got a quote for my 2007 Macbook and found that I'd get less than $100 for it.

I'm guessing you'd be better off selling it through craigslist or ebay, but I don't know how I'd determine an appropriate asking price. I've got a damaged but usable screen, so I probably wouldn't get much regardless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.