Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LouE37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
My iPhone 6 Plus is now paid off which means I should be able to trade it in and get some sort of value for it to put toward the cost of a new iPhone 7 plus. How the heck is that done if you pre-order online, do you take it to the store after the fact? Also any idea what ATT would give you as credit for an iphone 6 plus 64GB in great condition?

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
I was messing about with my ATT account; I could upgrade if I pay the next installments still due on my plan (a 20 month, but I started in Oct 2015). ATT's site ran through some basic questions like "does it start?" and "does it have a battery?' and then indicated I'd get a prepaid mailer for it.

But I'm on the upgrade plan; I assume that if you're just trying to trade in an old phone you'll likely get less; right nw Apple says $250 for I think a 6s+/

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
If it's paid off, that would mean that you're no longer on Next, as you've fulfilled the terms for Next. You'll get trade-in value for it, but you'll need to look at the Trade-in program for that, not Next.

BL.

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
Why would you trade it in they won't give you much for it, sell it on Craigslist or eBay you can get a lot more for it...

Reactions: mr1581

LouE37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Why would you trade it in they won't give you much for it, sell it on Craigslist or eBay you can get a lot more for it...

I aint got time for that, ATT gives you $210 toward the phone.
If it's paid off, that would mean that you're no longer on Next, as you've fulfilled the terms for Next. You'll get trade-in value for it, but you'll need to look at the Trade-in program for that, not Next.

BL.
Thx yeah i get that. Im just curious as to how to do that seamlessly. ATT will give me $210 for my phone, just not sure how quickly i would get the credit, or if I can maybe apply the credit after preorder or even two months down the road.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.