Carrier Trade-in ? for ATT Next folks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LouE37, Sep 7, 2016.

1. LouE37 macrumors member

My iPhone 6 Plus is now paid off which means I should be able to trade it in and get some sort of value for it to put toward the cost of a new iPhone 7 plus. How the heck is that done if you pre-order online, do you take it to the store after the fact? Also any idea what ATT would give you as credit for an iphone 6 plus 64GB in great condition?

2. guinness8878 macrumors member

guinness8878

They will give you a store credit type card, use it towards the phone bill or accessories.

3. robgendreau macrumors 68040

I was messing about with my ATT account; I could upgrade if I pay the next installments still due on my plan (a 20 month, but I started in Oct 2015). ATT's site ran through some basic questions like "does it start?" and "does it have a battery?' and then indicated I'd get a prepaid mailer for it.

But I'm on the upgrade plan; I assume that if you're just trying to trade in an old phone you'll likely get less; right nw Apple says $250 for I think a 6s+/

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If it's paid off, that would mean that you're no longer on Next, as you've fulfilled the terms for Next. You'll get trade-in value for it, but you'll need to look at the Trade-in program for that, not Next.

BL.

5. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Why would you trade it in they won't give you much for it, sell it on Craigslist or eBay you can get a lot more for it...

6. LouE37 thread starter macrumors member

I aint got time for that, ATT gives you $210 toward the phone.
    Thx yeah i get that. Im just curious as to how to do that seamlessly. ATT will give me $210 for my phone, just not sure how quickly i would get the credit, or if I can maybe apply the credit after preorder or even two months down the road.

7. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Yeah and you can get $375 easily on craigslist

EBAY Prices: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_I...at=0&_nkw=iphone+6+plus+64&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1

8. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

$210? That's it? You can sell it easily for $500 on Craigslist, for double the profit I'm pretty sure it's worth your time...

9. LouE37 thread starter macrumors member