Trade-in iPhone 4S Now?

phillymacuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
113
11
So as the title states I have a 16GB 4S that is worth $200 now with VZ Wireless trade-in. Do I trade-in now and save the $200 gift card for obvious use towards a iPhone 6? Or do i wait until new phone is announced with a risk that trade-in value will decline? I have an old Blackberry that I could use in the interim that can keep me texting and getting email for a few months. What do you think?
 

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
613
21
South West England
So as the title states I have a 16GB 4S that is worth $200 now with VZ Wireless trade-in. Do I trade-in now and save the $200 gift card for obvious use towards a iPhone 6? Or do i wait until new phone is announced with a risk that trade-in value will decline? I have an old Blackberry that I could use in the interim that can keep me texting and getting email for a few months. What do you think?
Possibly get the money now, my 4s is worth £121 and I've checked back a few times and it keeps going down in value, though I don't have a phone that I can use as a backup, I'd say probably do it
 

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
3,721
461
Orange County, California USA
So as the title states I have a 16GB 4S that is worth $200 now with VZ Wireless trade-in. Do I trade-in now and save the $200 gift card for obvious use towards a iPhone 6? Or do i wait until new phone is announced with a risk that trade-in value will decline? I have an old Blackberry that I could use in the interim that can keep me texting and getting email for a few months. What do you think?
Yeah, get the money now. You may have an accident al drop with that 4S and it'll be worth a shiny penny.
 

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
827
212
Assuming mid-Sep availability of the iPhone 6...that's 5 months of using an old Blackberry in an effort to save approximately $75 (assuming you'll be able to sell the iPhone 4s for about $125 in Sep).

Your call...I know I would not do it.