Trade-in iPhone 4S Now?

phillymacuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
So as the title states I have a 16GB 4S that is worth $200 now with VZ Wireless trade-in. Do I trade-in now and save the $200 gift card for obvious use towards a iPhone 6? Or do i wait until new phone is announced with a risk that trade-in value will decline? I have an old Blackberry that I could use in the interim that can keep me texting and getting email for a few months. What do you think?

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
So as the title states I have a 16GB 4S that is worth $200 now with VZ Wireless trade-in. Do I trade-in now and save the $200 gift card for obvious use towards a iPhone 6? Or do i wait until new phone is announced with a risk that trade-in value will decline? I have an old Blackberry that I could use in the interim that can keep me texting and getting email for a few months. What do you think?
Possibly get the money now, my 4s is worth £121 and I've checked back a few times and it keeps going down in value, though I don't have a phone that I can use as a backup, I'd say probably do it

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Yeah, get the money now. You may have an accident al drop with that 4S and it'll be worth a shiny penny.

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
Assuming mid-Sep availability of the iPhone 6...that's 5 months of using an old Blackberry in an effort to save approximately $75 (assuming you'll be able to sell the iPhone 4s for about $125 in Sep).

Your call...I know I would not do it.