Trade in iPhone 5 or sell via private party?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Barbs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Barbs macrumors 6502

In the past I have always sold my old iPhones via listing them on craigslist. Usually within a month of buying my new phone.

I have two 64gb iPhone 5, both in near mint condition (always in a case and always with a screen protector).

These phones are with AT&T.

What kind of trade in/ store credit offers are out there for the iPhone 5 64gb?

Do you think I'm better off sticking with my old routine of selling them via craigslist? The thought of effortlessly trading them in is very appealing.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You get the most bang for your buck by selling it, you risk dealing with a buyer that may be high maintenance or issues with the sale. Trading it in offers a lot of convenience but at a cost (lower value). Its up to you on which way to go.

3. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

It may be easier to trade them in, but you will likely be losing $300-$400 or more. As long as that doesn't bother you, go ahead.

4. lysola macrumors member

Well ATT just announced that they will offer UP TO $300. Not sure what the specifications are exactly but I believe the thread is still on the top page. That said, are they plain 5's or 5s? If it's the 5S, I have to imagine you could fetch a little more than that on ebay. Probably not in the US, but other countries you might fetch a bit more.