Trade-in MBP for a model in the same year?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FatGuy007, Jun 25, 2013.

1. FatGuy007 macrumors 6502

Ok, so after almost a year of the rMBP 15", I am honestly sick of it. Don't get me wrong, the screen is great, but the size is just dreadful. I travel on 8-12 hours flights at least monthly and its a pain to use portably and end up just using my iPad. 15" is truly the huge deal breaker from me, but I atleast learned to never buy laptops larger than 13 inches. Can I go to the apple store and give them my lap top and they give me the rMBP 13" and I lose some money (since I used it for a year)? Or should I just wait till the newer models come out and I sell it on craigslist?

2. iPhonesandMacs macrumors regular

apple doesn't give you very much at all...

3. Voodoofreak macrumors regular

I would recommend selling it through craiglist/ebay and using that cash to buy the replacement. You can get really lucky and get a buyer willing to pay a bit more.

4. Gizmo22 macrumors regular

Gizmo22

In a similar situation; only way to make the system sit on my lap was with the screen tipped too far forward to view. Other than a $1300 ticket cost bump for business premier seating, a 13" is the only option.

----------

Ninja edit above - beat me to it. Ditto on Craigslist. Can sell for 2x what Apple will give you.

5. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Try to do a trade in the marketplace here if you can. Or eBay it ad buy the one you want either from apple or even refurbs like best buy openbox.