Trade in my phone once the iP5 comes out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBryton, Sep 26, 2011.

1. iBryton macrumors regular

Long story short... I left my iPhone 4 on top of my car and drove off, and I lost it. I have an upgrade, so I was wondering if I could just upgrade to another iPhone 4, then when the iPhone 5 comes out trade my iPhone 4 in.. because usually when you buy a brand new device from apple and the next one comes in the next month, they have a period time from what date you bought it to go in and get the new one free of charge...

Any details on that?

2. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Highly doubt that will be possible

3. colormyworld macrumors member

Not sure, but if you get it from AT&T, you have a 30 day window to return or exchange.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No trade ins.
    You can return it within 30 days, past that your upgrade is gone and can't return it.

5. colormyworld macrumors member

The Apple Store itself only has a 14 day return window, at least here.

6. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Even a cracked iPhone can make good money on eBay.

(Knows from experience)

7. colormyworld macrumors member

Or just go out on the street. Someone stole mine and then sold it for $300 in Chinatown. :rolleyes:

8. iBryton thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah nobody has returned it, it might have just gotten run over or something :/... anyways remember when some items get updated and they're like , well if you bought it within the last month, we'll switch it out for the new one?

9. colormyworld macrumors member

That probably has more to do with WHO you speak to at the store. ;) Sorry about your phone. AT&T told me that more iPhones get stolen than wallets. Good luck! I would say try the AT&T store, just because of that 30 day policy. Or best buy...their warranties are great. I won't buy a computer anywhere else. I got a Macbook in 2007 with a 3 year (accidental damage covered) warranty, swapped it out for a brand new Macbook Pro right before the 3 years was up, with a $100 credit toward a new 3 year plan. I know that has more to do with damage than exchange, but they also have the 30 day policy. As does Radio Shack.
    Sometimes I think getting stuff directly from the Apple Store is more for the novelty...