Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBryton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
Long story short... I left my iPhone 4 on top of my car and drove off, and I lost it. I have an upgrade, so I was wondering if I could just upgrade to another iPhone 4, then when the iPhone 5 comes out trade my iPhone 4 in.. because usually when you buy a brand new device from apple and the next one comes in the next month, they have a period time from what date you bought it to go in and get the new one free of charge...

Any details on that?

Cortezbanks

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Highly doubt that will be possible

colormyworld

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2011
NYC
Long story short... I left my iPhone 4 on top of my car and drove off, and I lost it. I have an upgrade, so I was wondering if I could just upgrade to another iPhone 4, then when the iPhone 5 comes out trade my iPhone 4 in.. because usually when you buy a brand new device from apple and the next one comes in the next month, they have a period time from what date you bought it to go in and get the new one free of charge...

Any details on that?

Not sure, but if you get it from AT&T, you have a 30 day window to return or exchange.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Even a cracked iPhone can make good money on eBay.

(Knows from experience)

iBryton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
Yeah nobody has returned it, it might have just gotten run over or something :/... anyways remember when some items get updated and they're like , well if you bought it within the last month, we'll switch it out for the new one?

colormyworld

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2011
NYC
Yeah nobody has returned it, it might have just gotten run over or something :/... anyways remember when some items get updated and they're like , well if you bought it within the last month, we'll switch it out for the new one?

That probably has more to do with WHO you speak to at the store. ;) Sorry about your phone. AT&T told me that more iPhones get stolen than wallets. Good luck! I would say try the AT&T store, just because of that 30 day policy. Or best buy...their warranties are great. I won't buy a computer anywhere else. I got a Macbook in 2007 with a 3 year (accidental damage covered) warranty, swapped it out for a brand new Macbook Pro right before the 3 years was up, with a $100 credit toward a new 3 year plan. I know that has more to do with damage than exchange, but they also have the 30 day policy. As does Radio Shack.
Sometimes I think getting stuff directly from the Apple Store is more for the novelty...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.