Trade in/Resell options?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by malman89, Jun 20, 2011.

1. malman89 macrumors 68000

Hello all,

I'm a recent graduate who has been a happy user of a 2007 MacBook for about 4.25 years. It still runs perfectly fine, but since I've got a real job post graduation that pays decent money and there's so many shiny temptations to upgrade to, I've been debating getting a new laptop.

The question is - do I sell my old one? And if so, what are some safe and trusted sites?

I've looked at a few sites of varying legitimacy (at least based on looks), and the prices aren't too great, but that's expected.

One place that really stands out is Best Buy. I've tossed in my specs and I would get something like ~$550 in gift card or a ~$365 check, which would be in the ballpark or higher than the sites I've seen so far. The only limiting factor of going the gift card route would be BB's lack of BTO laptops, I believe?

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be great. Thanks

JM

Edit: Full Mac specs

13.3" White Intel C2D 2.0 GHz running 10.5.8
    1GB RAM
    500 GB 7200rpm HD
    8x SuperDrive
    Perfect condition. No scratches or scuffs (minus some wear/tear scratches on underside). No stains or blemishes. Took great care of it.

Random extras like MS Office 2011, iWork.

2. kjmff5 macrumors regular

Well I recently sold my MBP on craigslist, but that's not the most safe/trusted place out there. Def try eBay.
    It would be nice if you had 2GB RAM and Snow Leopard, but no point in sinking any more money into it at this point.
    You could try Apples Recycle Program and see what you get from that.
    http://www.apple.com/recycling/computer/

You can also try posting a flyer on the campus you just graduated from(Congrats BTW).

Good luck!