iPhone XR Trade-in value for damaged phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dhonk, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Dhonk macrumors member

Riding a high in Vegas from a winning trip, I stopped by the Forum Shops Apple Store to upgrade my AW3 to 4 and consider iPhone X to XR...all on house money. So I was disappointed last week at an Apple Store to find 2 ignorant sales people 2nd guessing my iPhone inquiry, suggesting it was a downgrade. I pointed out the superior battery and processor, but they didn't seem to buy it. I opted not to have them inspect the device.
    Yesterday I was taking my case off to get the dust off my phone, and noticed my phone had a nice crack running up the back glass. I have no idea when this happened, and the only drop I remember was about 13 months ago. Unless that crack recently expanded on a bumpy road or due to temperature fluctuations (like a windshield), I'm at a loss for how this happened. Anyways, I'm expecting this destroyed the value of my iPhone for trade-in. Has anyone found a good upgrade deal for a damaged iPhone case? I'd obviously like to think so, given the big trade-in promotions lately. But that wouldn't seem to be how Apple and phone carriers operate.

2. MacLappy macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear that man. Cracks are a real bumper. Good thing it’s on the rear and not the screen. Maybe slap a Dbrand skin on it and wait out for the next iPhone update? Can’t see a cracked back iPhone X fetching a good price and they are crazy expensive to replace unless you have apple care.