Trade in verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mslittlebookowl, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Mslittlebookowl macrumors member

If I trade in online, it says to wait 4 to 6 weeks for the gift card but I would like to use it to purchase the phone on friday. Anyone knows if I can bring it in and trade in store on friday while buying the phone?

2. stickybuns macrumors 6502

Trade in verizon

Are you doing the special promotion (trade in old iPhone for $200-300)? You have to buy the 6/6+ *before* you can get the gift card. When the new phone arrives, you're supposed to receive some sort of proof of purchase receipt that you submit along with your old phone. You can then use the gift card to pay for your cell phone service for a month or two.

Yeah, I wanted to use the trade-in on the new phone itself, but in the long run, it comes out to be the same.

ETA: you might get the individual store manager to do things out of order. The one near me is very "by the rules" so I'm not holding my breath. I'd rather stay in my pajamas and wait for the FedEx guy to knock on the door.

3. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502

I've called numerous of Verizon stores to verify, if you trade in your phone on Friday, they will credit the $200-300 at checkout. That's the reason I didn't preorder, if you did it online or by phone, you would have to send the phone first and then they send a gift card. But in store, the reps are the appraisers.

4. stickybuns macrumors 6502

Oh, awesome! I think I might go to the local store to claim my credit. Mailing my phone makes me a little nervous; what if it gets lost or damaged?

5. Mslittlebookowl thread starter macrumors member

Just came home from the store near my office. The guy offered me $64 for my 4s! Lol. I asked him about the $200 promo with the purchase of a new iphone 6 and he checked some stuff online and told me it's online only. Maybe I'll try another store tomoro but that's further away. Sigh.

6. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502

He doesn't know anything.