Trade In with iPhone Upgrade Program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arrr, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Arrr macrumors newbie

Arrr

So last night I purchased a new iPhone 6S using the Apple Upgrade Program (paying thirty five some odd dollars a month). At the same time I traded in my old iPhone 6 and received $285. When I looked it didn't seem to be applied to the cost of the phone? Does anyone else have experience with trading in a phone and then purchasing a new one? Will they allow you to apply that to the cost of the phone if doing the upgrade program? Would they have allowed me to just have the $285 credited to my credit card? I really don't want an Apple Store gift card with almost $300 on it.

2. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

its not applied to the cost of the phone. they just credit it to credit card.

3. Arrr thread starter macrumors newbie

Arrr

I was given no option to have it applied to a credit card, that would have been great! Instead he just handed me a gift card at the end. I should be able to go back and have them credit my credit card, correct?

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Sounds like a quick call to Apple might be in order.....
    A much better solution, might just be to give Apple a call, and ask them.

5. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

thats strange. yeah you should go back and talk to them.

6. Arrr thread starter macrumors newbie

Arrr

Just in case anyone else ends up in this same predicament, I went back to the store, explained it and then refunded the gift card to my credit card. Took all of 5 minutes. So just in case someone is googling for this exact answer (like I was - to no avail), Yes, if you have mistakenly gotten the Apple Store gift card instead of the credit on your credit card for an iPhone Recycle/Trade In, you can have the issue correct and the amount refunded to your credit card.

7. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

The above is correct but only if you do the iPhone upgrade program then you have the option to refund on a credit card all other transactions are a Giftcard only