Trade In

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jal217, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Jal217 macrumors regular

Jal217

I have a macbook pro (see screenshot for specs) and i don't need the disc drive, the memory, or really anything that makes it "pro."(Its a bit old so the pro isn't quite pro anyways). I also have a mac mini that i use if I really need it. Anyways I am looking into either a macbook or an iPad pro.
    1. Any idea how much i can get for my macbook pro?
    2. I hear the iPad pro's hardware is as good if not better than the macbook, which one do you think i'd be better off with? (surfing web, writing an occasional paper, emailing, taking notes)
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'd go for $750-900 depending on condition and the HDD installed. The 2.9Ghz MBP is available on the refurb store for $1049 from time to time.

The iPad pro looks nice, but the lack of keyboard and the $1000+ price tag for the 128GB/LTE model is a bit much.

The rMB looks like a great computer but it can be slow, and I personally HATE the keyboard.

Maybe look into the iPad Air 2?

3. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

You'll be lucky to get more than $700 for it and that's on a good day on ebay.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I agree 700 may be the high water mark for this computer (being a 2012 model).

5. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

I just realized that it's the 13" model. Even lower at $600-650.