iPhone X Trade in

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chuckitall, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Chuckitall macrumors newbie

Trade in price between 7+ & 8+.. Thinking about an X

2. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

3. Chuckitall thread starter macrumors newbie

?? deciding to either trade in a 7+ or my 8+. What might be the trade in value.

4. ssl0408 macrumors 65816

Obviously, you’d get more money for the 8+. If you’re located in the U.S., try Game Stop. You can check the trade in value on their website. I sold an S8 to them last year for $450. They give you cash on the spot.

5. canuckRus macrumors 6502a

canuckRus

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If you also want another price point comparison based on value, I can refer you to Swappa to see what devices are selling for in used condition and what storage option.

7. TechNismo macrumors 6502

TechNismo

Would not recommend trading it in at Apple if your trying to get the most cash out of it. Try a third party, like eBay, Kijiji, Swappa first. However if you want to sell it quick, then just do it at Apple. I would sell both the 7+ and 8+, if you would no longer use them after buying the X. No point in keeping them and letting the values of them depreciate.

8. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

I agree I would sell both. I would try Facebook or Craigslist then take the cash and buy an x.

9. Relentless Power, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

As my own personal stance, sometimes it’s worth taking the price cut by trading in with Apple to avoid potential fraud with websites like Swappa and eBay. Especially with Apple products, I feel its too much of a risk given how honest sellers are frauded. I would rather walk away with a gift card or cash in my hand versus losing my device, time spent and money over someone else’s devious behavior on an online selling site.

10. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

I don’t use eBay. However there is a store in the UK called Cex that sells second hand electrical goods. I usually trade my old devices in there. You get more than with Apple and there aren’t the risks that are associated with sites like eBay or gumtree (swappa equivalent).