Trade iPhone 3G for iPod Touch 2G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AutomaticHaze, Nov 4, 2010.

1. AutomaticHaze macrumors regular

My friend wants to trade me his iPod Touch 2G for my iPhone 3G. I've got the iPhone 4 now, and just use my 3G as a ipod. I was talking about editing the csidata file to keep my 3G from searching for signal instead of using airplane mode and, he said he would like to trade.

My question is, is this a good deal? I was leaning towards it since the ipod has faster hardware, and since all i will be doing is music and games. However, i was talking to my other friend and he thinks i should sell it. My 3G is in pretty bad shape, back plastic is cracked, scratches everywhere, and battery life is pretty shabby. (told the guy i might trade about all of this by the way) He seems to think i would be able to get a good amount of money for it? What are your opinions on how much a beat up 3G would sell for, unlocked if it would sell for more..?

Thanks!

2. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

My brother had an old iPhone 3G and sold it a couple weeks ago for $180. His was in bad shape too. You can almost buy a new iPod touch with $180. I would look into selling it on Craigslist or eBay if I were you. It does not seem like a fair trade to me. I would never trade an iPhone 3G for a iPod Touch 2nd gen.

3. AutomaticHaze thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, i see what your saying. I just don't feel good selling it in such crappy condition haha, but i guess if i state it in the ad, there's nothing to worry about.