Trade late 2009 iMac for MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Offspring992, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Offspring992 macrumors member

Back in January I picked up a baseline 21.5" iMac. Prior to that, I had a 2006 MB which I gave to my mom upon purchasing the iMac. Lately, I've been missing being able to bring my computer to campus to be able to work anywhere, to be able to sit anywhere in my house and work anywhere, and it just seems like a desktop/all in one and college students don't go too well together. I found out about a company called PowerMax, which has a trade in program. I meant to call them today, but never had time. If they give me a reasonable amount, I'm contemplating picking up a baseline 13" MBP to replace it. Most of my needs are that of a typical student: Web browsing, streaming video/audio, Skype, Word, Excel, email, music (I do use garageband quite a bit), etc. I also use a program called ArcGIS which is windows based, however all of that is done in the GIS lab on campus, which I have 24 hour access to. I do have a bit of excess financial aid coming back, which could cover the cost of the difference.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

companies like PowerMax may offer you quite a nice figure, but after they inspect the computer the price goes way way down. I really think it's sort of bait and switch. They say the computer has scratches, or doesn't work, or any number of things, but I've never heard of anyone getting what they offered initially.