trade macbook for ipad2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by andisayd, Aug 27, 2011.

1. andisayd macrumors newbie

I have a brand new ipad 2 16gb wifi (4 days old), and my friend wants to trade a 2009 macbook with upgraded 4gb of ram (with 2 more year warranty).

I never owned a mac but I know a pc very well, but is it worth it? The macbook only have a dual core 2.2GHZ processor and the 2 year warranty is nice. Good trade or no?

2. lam93 macrumors member

Its a good trade considering the macbook is about 3 times the price of the ipad.

3. andisayd thread starter macrumors newbie

well i brought it for 550 with tax and that macbook is worth about 500-600 now, but then again 600 bucks for a laptop that only has dual core?

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It is only a good deal if you are going to get better use of the MacBook than the iPad, and only you can answer that. Valuewise they seem to be on par, but what is your intended use? The MacBook is a REAL computer. The iPad is.. not. :apple:

5. andisayd thread starter macrumors newbie

I really brought the ipad so I can read pdf/ebooks off my ipad for school (textbooks), I don't have a laptop but I do have like a $1500 pc I built at home. Probaly just stick with the ipad since its alot lighter and easier to lug around. I was just wondering if the macbook was such a good deal I shouldn't pass up.

6. bwrairen macrumors 6502

When's the last time you checked MacBook prices?

7. lam93 macrumors member

I assumed he was talking about Macbook pro, i didnt know people still own the regular macbook

8. AdrianK macrumors 68020

I don't even... :confused:

9. palpatine macrumors 68040

a 2009 macbook!?

i don't understand this thread. you would think about trading a brand new 500+ ipad for a two year old, outdated, no longer even sold macbook. it wouldn't have even crossed my mind to consider such a thing.

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The first step in determining if that's a good trade is deciding if you want a laptop more than your iPad.

11. preppy macrumors member

preppy

This.

Personally, I wouldn't trade the iPad for the MacBook as it sounds like you already have a functioning laptop. No need to have two laptops and no tablet when you already have a laptop and a tablet....