Trade MB + ACD for a MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by k3rnelkurtz, May 11, 2008.

  1. k3rnelkurtz macrumors newbie

    Aug 18, 2007
    I bought my first Mac--the base white Macbook--a couple years ago, and ever since, I've somewhat regretted the decision and have craved a Macbook Pro. To appease my appetite, I bought a 20" Apple Cinema Display (also somewhat regrettably) less than a year ago, mainly for the added screen real estate. I've always been disappointed by the Macbook screen... in both the size and quality. I also would appreciate a better graphics card as I've been starved from any real PC gaming the past couple years.

    If I sell my Macbook and ACD, I'll have enough dough to get the base Macbook Pro. Is this a good decision? Please give your insight.
  2. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

    Sep 4, 2006
    Having owned the 2.4Ghz macbook and now the 2.4Ghz mbp (base model) I think you should upgrade it is well worth it. The Aluminum casing, 256vram gpu, fans rarely going higher than 2000 rpm 99% of the time, firewire 800,backlit keyboard, Gorgeous led screen, much louder and much better speakers and bigger screen is well worth it not to mention the overall build quality seems a thousand times better.

    Also the overall speed is much faster and especially driving my 23" ACD feels much more fluid and the colors seems more colorful/vivid from a dedicated gpu as to the macbook's x3100 driving the 23" ACD. I barely game but when I do, now I can play the COD4 in high settings connected to my 23" ACD and it runs very fast! Better yet sell both and wait until later June to see if the mbp gets a nice refresh and that'll be an extra treat!:D

Share This Page