Trade mid 2010 base model macpro for macbook air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marshallbedsaul, Aug 23, 2010.

1. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

Hello,
    I am looking for some advice should I trade my base model mpb for a macbook air/
    I currently use my macbook pro for web surfing music and light photo editing nad watching movies.
    the macbook air I would be getting comes with following
    Pelican Case that
    brand new boxed power adapter ( along with the other one that has been used ), a adapter to output to DVI or VGA, a DVDRW superdrive. Has original discs, currently has Snow Leopard installed on it and Windows 7 in Boot Camp format. All legit versions. Will also come with a 320 GB hard drive for Time Machine backups. Parallels so that you can access windows while in Mac OS. iLife'09 Microsoft office 2008 for mac and Office 2007 for Windows ( already installed ) and adobe Creative suite Design premium as well.

current specs
    Enhance your lifestyle with the Apple MacBook Air laptop. Powered with an Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz Processor, this Apple notebook gives you faster application performance. Watch your favorite movies and work on your business applications in stunning image clarity with this 13.3-inch laptop that comes with (1280 X 800) resolutions display. Featuring Bluetooth, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, and AirPort Extreme networking technologies, this Apple notebook keeps you connected wherever you go. This 13.3-inch laptop sports a built-in web-cam which allows you to video chat with your friends, clients, associates, and more. The 80GB hard drive of the Apple MacBook Air MB003X/A gives you lots of space to store your digital data.

Thank you for your advice/opinions

2. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

I guess my question is why are you trading in a device with internal components for a thinner device with several peripheral components? If mobility was your goal I think you've lost it by having to lug the external HD, DVD drive, etc. around.

Why did you want the Macbook Pro in the first place? Why do you want the Macbook Air now?

Ultimately the decision is yours, but unless you have something to lose or gain by trading, why do it?

3. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

unless the weight is size are at the very top of your list (only 1.5lbs less), there's no reason to dump the more powerful/upgradable MBP for an older air and no it's not worth it