Trade offer: 1st Gen for 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slidetounlock, Aug 25, 2008.

1. slidetounlock macrumors regular

So, a friend wants the old first gen so he can unlock it for t-mobile. In return he says he'll pay for a new 3G for me regardless of upgrade price or not.

So questions/opinions, can I get more on eBay or craigslist in value? Or should i do the deal with a trusted friend?

Thanks

2. macwall macrumors 6502

if it's a iphone 3g 16gb i would say it's worth it.

3. slidetounlock thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it would be the Black 16GB. I would be giving up an 8GB

4. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I wish I had that deal! Even with my 16 GB iPhone I'd do it.

5. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Well exactly how good of friends are you with him? Ask yourself if the roles were reversed would he do it for you? I know for 99% of people i know i would rather get more money so i could buy my 3g and a case or something but a select few i would not care about making money off of. If he buys you a brand new one you should hook him up with your first one and maybe kiss him.

6. slidetounlock thread starter macrumors regular

He's a great friend and he has done many a similiar thing for me before ,shoot guys gives me his season tickets to the Dodgers all the time(i hate the blue, but I go...).

So I am thinking of doing it, hopefully I will enjoy the new 3G

7. Knolly macrumors 6502a

I would do it. From personal experience selling an iPhone, you COULD get more money, however it is an enormous hassle as you have to wade through fake offers, people trying to scam you, etc, etc. If you can just do this and break even with a brand new phone, I would definitely go for it. Plus you'd be helping out a friend, which is always nice.

8. iNfowarrior macrumors member

You even need to ask then?

9. maxxscholten macrumors regular

10. Surely Guest

Surely

Keep in mind that you'll be paying an extra $10/month for 3G and, if you want those 200 texts, it's another $5 on top of that.

Still a good deal for you though. I'd do it.

11. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

+1