iPad mini trade old mini for new?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sbb155, Nov 14, 2013.

1. sbb155 macrumors 6502

Is there somewhere I can do this? I only see ipad air for this sort of thing. I am in the US.

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Nobody does a trade that I know of.

Some places will buy your old one. Sometimes a good price. Sometimes not.

You then can buy an Ipad Air, a Mini, whatever.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As noted you can trade in your iPad at apple, for credit, or gazelle for cash, though the turn around time is slower with gazelle - they need to ship you a box to send the iPad in, you ship it, then you wait for them to process it. I did this for my iPhone and it went smoothly.

I can places like apple, target, bestbuy all of which offer this type of service giving less money but its instant gratification, especially if you'll be using the funds to buy a new iPad

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Apple is offering $185 trade in credit for the old 16GB mini. Amazon (which does not sell iPads itself, only 3rd party sellers) is offering $194 Amazon Gift Card. I took Amazon's offer b/c even though I can't do an actual trade up though them I'm always buying stuff on Amazon so the $ will be spent no prob.

$185-195 for a product that cost $299 a year ago is pretty decent IMHO. Makes cost of "ownership" something like $8 and change per month.

Apple: http://www.apple.com/recycling/gift-card/

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s?index=electronics-tradein&field-keywords=ipad+mini

Gazelle which gives straight cash offered $160 which I didn't find too appealing.

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

With the added incentives offered by GameStop right now, they've got the others beat.