Trade white for black 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by strike1555, Jul 2, 2009.

1. strike1555 macrumors 6502

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can do this? I bought my 3GS from Best Buy but they didn't have any black left. I am currently using a white 3G and wanted a change but didn't really think it's a big deal because I planned to get a Noel case or something.

Anyways, after doing a lot of research on the case, I am going with the Griffin Reveal. I really prefer a black iphone because frankly, it's a lot sleeker and will be visible with a Reveal.

If I go back to BB mobile, ill be hit with a 10% restocking fee and they don't even have the black 16 3GS in stock. Does anybody know of any online marketplace that might be a good bet to try to trade? I don't really think my kind of trade can be done on eBay. I heard macrumors has some kind of marketplace but you need a lot of posts to access it.

Do I have any options?

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Pray for some cracks in your casing?

Pray for some dead pixels on your screen?

Pray for some discoloration from overheating?

If any of that happens, you could exchange it at an Apple Store, even for the black one.

BTW, as you mentioned,

3. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Hmmmmm...I think your screen is too yellow...don't you? :D

4. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

I am curious. Can cracks be man-made?? Seriously. Natural and man-made look different?

5. strike1555 thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha thanks for your suggestions...it's not that big of a deal where I have to resort to that kind of stuff. I can deal with it, I was just wondering if you knew of a trustworthy marketplace where I can try this other than ebay. Maybe i'll give Craigslist a shot.

6. army91c macrumors 6502a

I picked up the black but wanted the white..... I would of just waited but I sold my 3g on the bay and needed to get it shipped. I to would be up for swapping.....New web site, swap my i lol

7. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

It's hard to ask you with a straight face...why did you buy the white, if you wanted the black?

Lack of patience?

A dire need to have the latest and greatest?

Dare I say;

Stupidity?

No pun intended...just plain curious.

8. strike1555 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's hard to look at your post with a straight face. If you had read my original post, you wouldn't have needed to ask.

9. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Tell them they ran out of black at the time of purchase so you went with white and tried to live with it. Now it's giving you problems and it wasn't the color you wanted in the first place, BAM! New iPhone! :D

10. m4rkie23 macrumors member

11. strike1555 thread starter macrumors 6502

The last time I checked, I was looking at an iPhone.

12. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Correct, which is how I traded my 3G last year for a different color :D

13. m4rkie23 macrumors member

they take a phone back cuz you no longer like the colour. lol!!!

well if they do then they do. thats good for you!

14. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Heh, I bought black but wanted white, but it was sold out. We're like twins, but not! :p

15. strike1555 thread starter macrumors 6502

You wouldn't be interested in some kind of trade, would you?:D

16. KevinC macrumors member

This is a good idea and may well work. BE NICE about it, tell them they twisted your arm a bit to get you to take the white one, and insisted it could be returned if you didn't like it. Totally plausible story. Return it to a different BB to be sure you don't run into the same hacks again. The person taking the return has the authority to waive the restock fee. I found this out firsthand when returning a 13" Macbook bought RIGHT before the new ones were announced. I returned it, stating that I'd bought it for my pop, who tried it for a few days but decided to stick with Windows. Without even asking further, I was then cheerfully informed "I'm waiving the restock fee for you". Got 100% refund, then bought a new MBP.