iPhone X Traded back my XS Max and back to X (antenna)

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
I was really hoping Apple would change their antenna on the 2019 iPhone lineups but it looks like they tweaked it with minimal improvement.

Sold my X last year to get the XS Max but after 2 of them replaced by Apple which they admitted to connectivity issues I’m glad to be rid of it.

I’ve been using my new X again and haven’t had one drop in connection. WiFi stays solid and data is solid, very happy now.

Hoping everyone has good experiences with the 2019 phones, but I’m not ready to jump on that ship just yet.

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2012
I was really hoping Apple would change their antenna on the 2019 iPhone lineups but it looks like they tweaked it with minimal improvement.

Sold my X last year to get the XS Max but after 2 of them replaced by Apple which they admitted to connectivity issues I’m glad to be rid of it.

I’ve been using my new X again and haven’t had one drop in connection. WiFi stays solid and data is solid, very happy now.

Hoping everyone has good experiences with the 2019 phones, but I’m not ready to jump on that ship just yet.
Where have you seen anything regarding the 2019 antennas?

borntrouble

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Germany

The X with the Intel modem?

madKIR

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2010
NYC
I’m Sprint so it’s Qualcomm. But I think the Intel’s in the original X is almost as good. Definitely superior to the XS and XS Max intels.
As someone who tested both X's side by side for about a week, I can tell that they are not. The Intel X was worse in every single way compared to Qualcomm. It wouldn't have any signal where the Qualcomm one didn't have any issues even downloading YouTube videos. The Intel X was just unusable for me. Even outdoors in Bryant Park the Intel chip struggled with data. I would have 1-2 bars LTE with no data. The Qualcomm one was totally fine with 1 bar LTE in the very same area.

Reactions: tonyy