Traded base nTB for the base TB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raqball, Dec 3, 2016.

1. raqball macrumors 6502a

raqball

Today I traded my base non TB for the base TB version.. The difference was $300 and I was able to score a Space Gray at my local Apple Store (he said it was the last one) even though Apple website said they were out of stock locally.. The moral of that is to check with the local store no matter what the Apple online store says stock levels are..

So far not really digging the TB but that was not my reason for the upgrade. My main reason(s) were for the additional ports, the slightly faster CPU and RAM.. Was it worth $300 for the upgrade? Probably not but I'll keep an open mind as far as the TB goes. So far not really seeing the point of it. It's okay I suppose but nothing to jump up and down over...

2. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I actually exchanged my 13" nTB for a mid-level 15" (2.7/512/455). The nTB was (is) a great machine, but exchanged for the bigger display. I'd keep both if I could.

3. raqball thread starter macrumors 6502a

raqball

If the nTB had 3 or 4 ports I would have kept it.. My main reason for the upgrade was for the extra ports.. Not at all worth the $300 price difference but when you are spending this much, what another $300... LOL

If I grow to like the TB over time then maybe it will be a better decision for me. Right now, I'm not diggin' the TB... I don't dislike it, just don't love it if that makes sense..