Traded MacBook for ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sculfort, Apr 30, 2019.

1. sculfort macrumors member

wanted your opinions on if this was a decent deal and ask wanted a recommendation on a sleeve.

I purchased an open box MacBook for $540 2017 version base. I put on a site to sell (maybe to turn a little profit) after using it for a month. I immediately was asked if I would trade for a 12.9 iPad 3rd generation. It was purchased two weeks ago, has apple care thru 3/2021 and is 256 GB cellular version. Technically if you buy these new they are both $1299 on Apple store (although the iPad does have AppleCare). I went ahead and met with him and made the trade. He mentioned something about how he couldn’t jail break it and didn’t want it because of that. Was this a good trade on my part or stupid? Also would love for anyone to recommend a sleeve that adds as least amount as bulk as possible. Thanks!

2. AutomaticApple macrumors 65816

AutomaticApple

That sounds like a good trade!

3. mikzn macrumors 65816

mikzn

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

if the iPad suits your use case then yes you made a good trade. as for the sleeve, I use an incase neoprene for mine cause I wanted a little bit of padding for when I put it in my backpack.

5. chfilm macrumors 68000

chfilm

I also just traded my MacBook Pro 2016 for an iPad Pro 12.9 2018. Not sure if it was the right move though ;) I‘m sooooooooooooooo torn between both iPad sizes, it‘s unbelievable.

6. Greenmeenie macrumors 65816

Greenmeenie

Wether it’s worth it or bot entirely depends on the person. For me it is. I traded my macbook in for an iPad Pro years ago, and haven’t looked back.

7. MDePew24 macrumors regular

MDePew24

I haven't really used my TouchBar MBP since I got my 11inch iPP and not sure I'll need a MBP again with what I use it for. The iPP does a good job for what I need it to do so for me, I love it.

8. tps3443 macrumors 6502a

tps3443

Cool trade! Some iPads cannot be jailbroken depending solely on which iOS version it came with out of the box. So, it does indeed sound like it was purchased new a few weeks ago. It probably came with 12.2 on it, and those cannot be jailbroken from what I understand.