Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Handz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
So a few months ago i got a 3G iPhone...Making my 16gig iPod Touch useless.

...So after hunting Craigslist for a week, i found someone that wanted to trade there 12" Powerbook G4 for my iPod Touch!!! 1.33ghz.

Got lucky and the dude that owned it barley used it. Its practically new and came with enough RAM to run Leopard....even gave me a case.

Great trade and a nice companion for my Aluminum iMac :rolleyes:

Handz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Wow. Incredible deal. :eek:

Yeah, your telling me. Thing is MINT. He didnt even use the wall extension. Got leopard on this puppy and runs smooth.

Whats the point in owning a Notebook unless it can be the smallest apple made :D

12'PB>MB Air

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
Yeah, your telling me. Thing is MINT. He didnt even use the wall extension. Got leopard on this puppy and runs smooth.

Whats the point in owning a Notebook unless it can be the smallest apple made :D

12'PB>MB Air

Heh, yeah. If there's any non-current Apple notebook I would want, it's a 12" PB.

Good luck on your purchase. And that's an amazing condition.

Pics? ;)

Handz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
i will try to hook up some pics tomorrow. School work is Kickin me in the face right now.

boyblitz

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2008
I was just thinking about putting my g4 powerbook on ebay (12", 1.5ghz, 1.25 ram). Wonder if ill get the price of a ipod touch for it, shame my old laptop has some pitting on the metal :(.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
A 12" PB in good condition will easily fetch a few hundred bucks. At least.

I sold my 1 GHz 12" PB a few months ago to a friend for $500. We think he got a great deal, as I could probably have sold the entire kit for $600 or more if I really tried (eBay etc).

Handz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Used this bad boy today to take some notes in class..... Dude next to me thought it was some redesigned macbook Pro and wanted to know where i got it lol :rolleyes:

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
Welcome to the club!

Typing on mine right now from the comfort of my couch while my Mac Pro sleeps.

You can relish in the fact that you not only have the BEST laptop Apple ever made, you also have a MATTE screen and FIREWIRE!

12"PB FTW.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
I tried to sell my 12" on Ebay since i don't use it enough to warrant it and my desktop bound macbook pro, however I suspect its on its way to a scammer right now, so after I do some snooping to get evidence I'll call UPS to intercept the package, send their money back via paypal and be on my way.

I'll probably take a neg on my account, 40 dollars in lost shipping and fees but whatever. CL FTW.

Handz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Craigslist is so Legit...i meet the nicest people on Craigslist selling/buying things.

The same guy i bought the PB from has a 20inch 2.0ghz intel imac that he wants to sell and my girlfriend is gonna buy.

.....only problem is he said its kernel panicking due to a bad memory stick.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I tried to sell my 12" on Ebay since i don't use it enough to warrant it and my desktop bound macbook pro, however I suspect its on its way to a scammer right now, so after I do some snooping to get evidence I'll call UPS to intercept the package, send their money back via paypal and be on my way.

I'll probably take a neg on my account, 40 dollars in lost shipping and fees but whatever. CL FTW.

You did ship it to a confirmed address right?

he wants to sell and my girlfriend is gonna buy.

LOL I thought you said you were selling your girlfriend. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.