Traded the 2.0 GHz for the 2.4 GHz

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Primejimbo, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Well I got my 2.0 GHz Aluminum Macbook less than 2 weeks ago and there were very little things I didn't like. When I closed the lid, it was off very little, but I knew about it, and I just never really liked it like I did the Whitebook when I 1st got it. When I got my Whitebook it wowed me and I was so excited. When I got the Glassbook I liked it, but I didn't have the same feeling. So I went to the Apple Store and told him about my little issue and just told him that I wasn't 100% happy (I thought I was). I told him that I wish I got the 2.4 (my white book was a 2.4 and in my mind I felt like it was a step down) and on Apples site when these 1st came out it said the 2.0 had the back lighted keyboard and he agreed. So the Genius person told me if I wanted to trade in the 2.0 GHz for the 2.4 GHz I could w/o paying the restocking fee and because the Apple site was wrong at 1st he knock off an extra 50.00 (on top on no restocking fee and my work discount) I said ok great. I am now 100% happy and I know it's all in my mind but I am now 100% happy and the guy at the Genius Bar was GREAT!!!

2. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

yeah they can be great... Once in a while you run into a jackass but so far i have met nothing but really nice people... or dare I say... Geniuses. hahah But congrats on the 2.4, thats what i have and its a blast!

3. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

Since I left very happy, is there someplace I can write to saying I had a great experience? So far I always had a great experience all the times I went there. My mom even got a Imac about a month ago and had a few questions and always helped her out. One time the store was closed and they still took their time explaining stuff to her. Most places try to rush up out at closing.

4. iKennett macrumors 6502

I have the 2.0 and did fancy the 2.4 model however ONLY because of the backlit keyboard.......

5. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

The backlit keyboard is great for me when I work at night. after my work discount and the 50.00 they knocked off, I had almost $200.00 off. So if you look at it, I paid just ovr $100.00 for the backlite keyboard, the 250 Gig hard drive, and 2.4 Ghz. I thought that was a great deal and stupid to pass it up.

6. iKennett macrumors 6502

I agree with you, your had a great deal there... and I would be just as happy! :D

7. greenguy4 macrumors 6502

8. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

I do notice a slight difference in speed.

9. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

The backlit keyboard is amazing as i type in the dark often .

10. J. Dangerously macrumors newbie

Isn't it amazing what results you get when you're polite, and nice, and you don't do all the talking yourself? See what happens when you ignore some of the advice you get from others on this forum that tell you to walk into the Apple Store angry, because "you should feel entitled," or that the manager should open whatever boxes are necessary to get you a 100% perfect MacBook?

I just thought it was worth pointing that out. We're all glad you did well with the exchange!

"Johnny Dangerously"

11. wallstreetcrash macrumors regular

Using what programmes/processes?

12. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

Where I work I see how far people get being rude and coming in yelling. When I call customer service for a company I always try to be nice and I do go far doing it that way and very VERY few times I have to raise my voice. I think it's worth coming is nice and using my normal tone of voice and going into a store mad, I think they will remember that and that wouldn't be good at all for me.

13. Obama macrumors member

I tried to exchange mine also because after 1 week i wished I would've bought the 2.4 because I really wanted the backlit keyboard. They told me about the 10% restock so I decided not to exchange it. I was unaware til now of the error on the website. Hmmm

14. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

You can write to Apple in Cork, Ireland. That's their Sales and Customer Feedback. I wouldn't mention too much of the free upgrading etc. Because I hear they give free iPod shuffles out for feedback, though they might not if you say you got lots of good stuff already :D

15. PedroMendes macrumors newbie

did the same thing - bought the 2.0 from amazon - needed backlit keyboard - so said I was sending it back - no prob - got my money back and got the 2.4 - very happy :)

16. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

Just surfing and emailing .