Trading 13" MacBook Pro for iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by HuggyLowDown, Dec 25, 2010.

1. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

Do you think I should somehow trade my 2010 13" MacBook Pro for a 21" iMac, just the base model. I have an iPad that kind of replaces my MacBook Pro when I'm traveling or out. What do you think?

2. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

I would do it. With new Macbook Pros around the corner, it will certainly decrease the value of yours.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I would rather shovel some money and get external monitor + KB&mouse. Portability is always nice and iPad cannot really replace a real computer.

4. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

I'll soon be in a similar situation. I want an iPad alot! But am in no rush, so will wait until it is updated. However, I have a macbook pro and don't really see the need for a portable mac and an ipad, so was thinking of replacing the mbp with an iMac. Think that will be a great combination.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Eh, tough call. I kind of like having a monitor at least 23". I'd stick with the laptop if I were you. I'd sell the ipad and get a refurbished 24" ACD.

6. biggd macrumors 6502

biggd

7. trillville macrumors newbie

I was in the same situation as you, and I sold my iPad for an 11.6 Macbook Air to keep a full portable computer, and sold my 13" MBP for an iMac. Great decision.

8. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

That would be ideal, but the macbook air is double the price of the ipad. Also, I do not see the need for 2 full macs, even if one may be portable. I can justify getting an ipad more easily to myself than another mac. Also, I love the ipad. Hopefully ipad 2 will be a good improvement, making me want it even more.