iPad mini Trading a mini for a iPad 2 or 3 a good deal?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cuzo, Jul 26, 2013.

1. cuzo macrumors 6502

I got a mini and I want to trade for a bigger ipad 2 or 3, is this a good deal straight through or do I have to add on cash?

2. hagr182 macrumors regular

There are a few things to consider such as increased weight, lower ppi (on ipad 2) and no siri on ipad 2, plus no lighting port (to me this is irrelevant as an owner of an ipad 2 and iphone 4s).

Id say even tough they are technically the same, the mini is a better tablet, but the ipad 2 has an awesome display size. Your choice of size really

3. cuzo thread starter macrumors 6502

The main thing really is the light port, I charge my 5 and mini with the same charger so the older 30pin cable will be a little issue.

But the size is really it for me, I like the mini and it's cool but for mostly reading kindle ebooks and pdf the size is just better.

Also want one of these.

http://www.booqbags.com/us/folios/booqpad/BPD3-GRG

4. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

To answer your question, you'd need to look at comparable prices on craigslist and eBay, and possibly on trade-in sites such as Nextworth. In my opinion, you might have to add $50 to the iPad mini to trade for a similar spec iPad 2, and perhaps $75 - $100 to trade for a similar spec iPad 3. Of course if the other person is really motivated, you may not need to...

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Because the Mini is desirable right now, you should able to swap for a 3 no problem. Maybe even a 4 if you add some money to the deal.

Something to remember is that the iPad 2 & 3 will not have AirDrop in iOS 7.

6. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

I wish they made these for lefties...

7. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Call me crazy, but from the looks of it you can just turn it 'upside down' and the writing pad will be on the left. You can slide the pad out and reinsert it at the top.

8. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

I knew someone would say that :p:cool:;):rolleyes: