Trading for Macbook....

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Akack, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Akack macrumors 6502a

Mar 5, 2011
    I no longer need the processing power/graphics from my 15" rMBP so logically thinking of getting the Macbook for better portability. Would get a MBA but that non retina screen...doh.....

My purposes: general web browsing and store photos, "non power" user.

Found someone willing to trade his base rMP (1.1ghz/256 gb, warranty ends July 2016) for my early 2013 15" rMBP (2.4 i7, 8gb RAM, 256GB, 1 GB VRAM GT 650M). Have Applecare until Aug 2016-one more year of warranty. My rMBP in mint condition/good battery life, etc......nothing wrong with it.
    The macbook will include the USB-C multiport adapter.

Would this be a fair trade or should someone add more cash to the deal?
  2. JamesKPolk macrumors newbie

Aug 13, 2015
    Baltimore, MD
    Err... Are you me? I did almost this exact thing (with a step in-between):

I sold a 15" (2013, etc, etc) with identical specs for $1385 (I thought this was far, if not generous). I, too, had a little Applecare left.

I bought that low end Macbook (where I'm typing his now) though I purchased Applecare. With my Best Buy student discount, I pretty much was exactly even. $1385-$1271-$183 = -$69. When you consider it all, I feel like it was a fair deal (I know the computer is lower spec'd, but I still very much like it).

Anyway, all that to say - if you /can/ get some cash, of course do it, but if not, not a big loss.
  3. Brocksley macrumors member

Nov 5, 2013
    I traded my 2013 rMBP with slightly higher specs straight across. I thought it was a good deal considering the rMBP screen was going a little wonky.