Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

audipartners

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Hello -

I have 2 iPhone 6s' on the NEXT 12 program that I am getting a 6s and 6s plus for....I also have a 5s for my daughter on the Next 18 program...

Does anyone know if I can trade in her phone and give her one of my 6s' instead of trading them both in?

I hope I am asking this correctly... :) Thanks

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Lol
Not.
You have to hand in the same phone that is associated with that next plan to be eligible for another next upgrade.
If that was the case people would be handing in their old Nokias and moto razr:)

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
As above stated only the phone associated with the program is eligible. So in your case, both of your iPhone 6 would have to be traded in and not your 5S.

Reactions: Applejuiced

audipartners

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Lol
Not.
You have to hand in the same phone that is associated with that next plan to be eligible for another next upgrade.
If that was the case people would be handing in their old Nokias and moto razr:)

The 5s is on the Next program too...I am not asking to just give any phone...Her phone ends in a couple months...so In theory I could pay hers off...and mine...and she could have it. I was just wondering if I can transfer is all...

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Does anyone know if you will have issues if you got a Next phone replaced at the Apple store? Do they track based on the serial number or just the model/size?

-Kevin

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Does anyone know if you will have issues if you got a Next phone replaced at the Apple store? Do they track based on the serial number or just the model/size?

-Kevin
IF your phone had issues and can be replaced, I would think apple would transfer all that info to the replacement device as well.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
The 5s is on the Next program too...I am not asking to just give any phone...Her phone ends in a couple months...so In theory I could pay hers off...and mine...and she could have it. I was just wondering if I can transfer is all...
If you pay off one of the iphone 6 in full then yes you can then give that to her as well. All you need to do is take her sim card from her 5S and insert it to the 6.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
IF your phone had issues and can be replaced, I would think apple would transfer all that info to the replacement device as well.

No what I meant was:

1) I sign up for Next 12 and they send me iPhone "A"
2) After 3 months I drop it and break it
3) I take it to Apple and for the fee they give me iPhone "B" (obviously the exact same model and size but physically a different phone)

Are there issue with sending iPhone "B" back into AT&T after 12 months? Are they looking for iPhone A based on some serial number?!? Or just any iPhone that matches the model and size?

-Kevin

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008

No, you can't transfer devices.
Her 5S is in a complete different next program that cannot be combined or cross traded with another next phones program.
They are their own separate payment plans with their own rules for that specific device.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
No what I meant was:

1) I sign up for Next 12 and they send me iPhone "A"
2) After 3 months I drop it and break it
3) I take it to Apple and for the fee they give me iPhone "B" (obviously the exact same model and size but physically a different phone)

Are there issue with sending iPhone "B" back into AT&T after 12 months? Are they looking for iPhone A based on some serial number?!? Or just any iPhone that matches the model and size?

-Kevin

No issues.
Its all in the system that it was replaced by Apple and for what reason.
All serial numbers and replacement serials for that device can be retrieved and verified.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.