Trading in iPhone 6 after already purchasing 6S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stringerhye, Sep 29, 2015.

1. stringerhye macrumors regular

stringerhye

So I was given the option to trade in my 6 when I was at the Apple Store for 350 but I thought I could get more online so I tried selling it on Swappa and Craigslist, but haven't had any luck.

Does anyone know if you can trade it in after purchase? Just thought I would go the easy route.

2. RoseGold macrumors newbie

RoseGold

In Hong Kong where I live you can trade in within 7 days, that's with the carrier though after paying a deposit.

3. supervelous macrumors 6502

What's the storage? I sold my 6 Plus 128gb for $600 on the day of the S release on Craigslist, it wasn't even listed for a full day.

iPhones are usually easy to find buyers and usually always above trade in prices.

4. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

You can trade your phone in to Apple for store credit at any time. The value may not be the same they quoted you the other day, but the option is available.

I know for people doing the Apple Upgrade Program, they offered the option to have the value of the trade-in applied to your financing/tax, but you won't be able to get that added retroactively. Or at least I highly doubt you'd be able to get that added retroactively. Usually it's for store credit only.